Now Auditioning Comics and Costumed Character Performers
THE BIG EPIC SHOW, the comical hip-hop variety show for kids, basically an EPIC kids band, and we are looking for additional cast members to perform shows with us. We have a soon to be Grammy Award Winning Album and will be touring to promote it in 2019. We are now auditioning comics & costumed character performers who have a passion for entertaining kids and wearing costumes: banana suits, puppy, gorilla, and other fun props. We need people who have experience entertaining kids and also have a flexible schedule.
We perform for PBS, Mall of America, Children’s Hospital, Make-a-Wish, daycares, festivals, schools, and parks all over the state.
Rehearse and perform as a cast member in THE BIG EPIC SHOW, dance along to simple choreography, give high fives to kids, be a hype person for the head emcee. Set up/tear down sound and props. We occasionally rehearse as a band early evenings. We have a huge show in Rochester, April 8 for which we will need to rehearse. Listen to and practice choreography on your own between shows.
- Experience entertaining children in a professional setting/passion for entertaining others
- Have a flexible schedule - can perform days & weekends, rehearsals are usually early evenings once a month, be able to occasionally perform a show with short notice
- Very outgoing (wearing a banana suit/costumes sounds amazing to you)
- Extremely professional/great communicator/take direction well/hard worker
- Have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle (you will be driving to sites in the Twin Cities)
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Are drug free, responsible, no drinking at shows/hangovers/never do drugs
- No criminal background
- 2 professional references
- Not sensitive to high stimulus environments with strobe lights
- Diversity welcome, physically fit, 20's/30's
- Additional creative/musical talents/band management skills a plus
Average rate varies depending on the length of show - Averages about $22 per hour
Percentage of merchandize sales at shows
45 minute show (plus set up/tear down equals about 3 hrs total) - $65 plus a percentage of swag table sales
1-5 shows per month depending on the season (summer is busier)
Higher pay for shows outside the Twin Cities
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.00 to $35.00 /hour